At Desertica Hotel we are aware of the fragility of the environment in which we are located and the importance of operating as an agent of change, improvement and development of San Pedro de Atacama. That is why we are committed to operating with high quality standards in search of our guests satisfaction, to comply with Chilean regulations in the different areas in which we operate, as well as to develop ourselves in a sustainable manner based on the following principles:
- Respect the local community, especially indigenous people and provide equal employment opportunities to members of the local community without any discrimination;
- Stimulate the local economy, privileging local suppliers.
- Caring for natural resources, making efficient use of water and energy resources as well as favoring environmentally friendly products.
- Condemn the exploitation of human beings in any of its forms, especially sexual and particularly when it affects children.
- Minimize the generation of waste and have a responsible management of these.
- Restore, conserve and protect the natural ecosystem and native biodiversit.